my first mosaic wall hanging

my first mosaic wall hanging

Saturday 12 November 2011

This is the first project I have documented step by step after finding these cool mirrors outside the dumpster.

These look interesting!  Mirrored glass is expensive..there must be something cool I could do with these.

First I cover the mirror with masking tape and then spray paint the ugly pink colour to a nice gold!


Voila!!  Now I think I will make some polymer clay tiles and glue them in the outlined area,



I like to press buttons and stamps or anything with dimension into polymer clay  and then bring out the pattern with beautiful mica powders.





I have some pretty square beads that fit across the top to add interest.  Then I used buttons for the next impressions (three in a row) The next tile is an impression of a pendant I have and under that is a button.
I love paisley and recently purchased this stamp on sale at Michaels.  After that I used a pendant for the corner heart with other small objects pressed to fill in a design and beside that I used an angel pin as well as a flower earring that was my mother's.  So you get the picture.  I now look at all jewelry to see if it could make an impression in clay.


I like to use letter stamps to create a message in the piece.  This piece has the phrase |Life is Magical.
I trimmed the whole piece by gluing seed beads around the entire edge.


She is finished!   In this piece I used white polymer clay and coloured them with the mica powder.

In the next piece I am going to use coloured clay and dust with the same colour powder to enhance.  We'll see how that turns out in the next post.

2 comments:

  1. You are MAD-clever and HUGELY talented! Just found this, via Buttons Galore and More! Awesome share, FABULOUS project! CRAFT ONNNNN! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I am having fun perusing your blog and I like the design of it! Your projects are so fun. I am going to join the challenges! I really appreciate your words Elise!

    ReplyDelete